Backless Evening Dresses
An evening gown is a long flowing women's dress usually worn to a formal affair. It is generally floor-sweeping. Evening gowns are often made of an elegant fabric such as chiffon, velvet, satin, taffeta, silk, or charmeuse. Although the terms are used interchangeably, ball gowns and evening gowns differ in that a ball gown will always have a full, flared skirt and a strapless bodice; in contrast, an evening gown can be any silhouette - sheath, mermaid, A-line or trumpet shaped - and may have straps, halters or even sleeves.
Select backless evening dresses and gowns that fit you properly by taking your own measurements with a tape measures – when your backless evening gown is too loose, it will slip around all night and when your backless evening dress is too tight it looks unflattering; and be bold when you buy backless evening dresses because you can wear any color you want and include dazzling details such as rhinestones and a dramatic slit up to your thigh; and while black is a traditional evening wear color, step out of the box and grab attention by choosing bold colors such as red or electric blue.
Evening dresses and gowns can be formal or fun, depending on your destination. Shop around our vast selection of evening gowns to find something sexy and sparkling to show off your special sense of fashion and appeal.
- Full Skirt/Ballerina Dress Halter Backless Champagne Beading Sequins Ruched V-Neck Zip up Low No Trains Taffeta Evening Dresses (Eveningdresses1643) Sku:Eveningdresses1643 US$358.83US$179.41 Write a review
- A-Line/Princess Line Dress Strapless Package Hip Blue Beading Sequins Sweet-Heart Zip up Mid Sweep Satin Evening Dresses (Eveningdresses1478) Sku:Eveningdresses1478 US$396.46US$198.23 Write a review
- A-Line/Princess Line Dress Backless Package Hip Purple Beading Sequins Ruched Chest wrap Zip up Open Sweep Chic Satin Evening Dresses (Eveningdresses1327) Sku:Eveningdresses1327 US$356.83US$160.58 Write a review
- Sheath/Column Backless Halter Green Beading Sequins Zip up Strappy No Trains Chic Satin Evening Dresses (Eveningdresses1326) Sku:Eveningdresses1326 US$378.54US$170.34 Write a review
- Watermelon Halter V-Neck Backless Chic Satin Pleated Beading Evening Dress Dresses Evening Gowns Sku:Eveningdresses1168 US$399.15US$179.62 Write a review
- Ruby Red Backless V-Neck Pleated Beading Rhinestones Chic Satin Evening Dress Evening Designer Dress Sku:Eveningdresses1167 US$396.93US$178.62 Write a review
- 2010 Sheath/Column Backless Rhinestones Ruched Beading Chic Satin Evening Dress Sku:Eveningdresses0316 US$468.73US$234.36 21 Reviews
- Fahion A-Line Halter V-Neck Tea Length Rhinestones Ruched Chiffon Evening Dress Sku:Eveningdresses0302 US$511.16US$255.58 18 Reviews
69%Stunning Sheath/Column Backless Sheer Ruched Beading Chiffon Evening Dress Sku:Eveningdresses0300 US$472.00US$148.68 20 Reviews
Are You Looking For?
2010 Evening Dresses 2011 Evening Dresses Evening Dresses On Sale Cheap Evening Dresses Wholesale Evening Dresses Discount Evening Dresses Short Evening Dresses Ball Gown Evening Dresses Black Evening Dresses Long Evening Dresses Elegant Evening Dresses Sexy Evening Dresses
You May Also Be Interested In:Open/Cut-Out Waist Evening DressesDuchess Satin Evening DressesLong Evening Dresses Informal Evening DressesModern Evening DressesAmazing Evening DressesLace up Evening DressesDiscount Evening DressesSquare Neckline Evening DressesDesigner Evening DressesFormal Evening DressesWholesale Evening DressesRomantic Evening DressesBeautiful Evening DressesBall Gown Evening DressesSide Zip up Evening Dresses
More Info About Evening Dresses
In the Middle Ages, formal dress for women had yet to be developed. Women simply added a train to their kirtle for formal occasions. As centuries rolled by, most gowns were generally very elaborate, but more so for formal occasions.
In the 18th century, formal dress started as the mantua, but later developed into the elaborate sack-back gown.
Starting with the 19th century, the term "evening gown" began. The fashionable length was ankle-length, but, during the reign of Victoria, the evening gown became floor-length. The styles ranged from having huge sleeves in the 1830s, to off-the-shoulder and with wide flounces in the 1840s, to very low-necked in the 1850s, to having low necklines and short sleeves in the 1860s, to long and lean with a bustle and very short sleeves in the 1870s, to sleeveless, low-necked, and worn with gloves in the 1880s, to having a squared decolletage, a wasp-waist cut, and skirts with long trains in the 1890s. During the Edwardian era, the empire silhouette was popular.
Later, in the 1920s, evening gowns were very simple to match the style of the flapper era. Starting with the 1930s, evening gowns began to modernize. Along with the empire cut, over the years the sheath, mermaid, A-line, and trumpet shapes became popular. Also, the dropped waist and princesse styles were frequent, depending on the era. Grace Kelly is noted for wearing understated evening gowns.
Today, the evening gown comes in any silhouette, and is popular for occasions such as a state dinner or evening party.
I am very happy with everything from the point of sell up to delivery! Hi DressesShop.com
Thanks for your quick and efficient service, I received the wedding dress in...
Thank you so much for my order. The dress was beautiful and you all did an Amazing job!! Thank you so much for my order. The dress was beautiful and you all did an Amazing job!! Thank you v...
Noble Princess Ball Gown Soft Transparency Court Train Beading Sequins Wedding Dress Does it have its own Petticoat and how much is it?
lastly on the zip are you able to make it les...
This is the dress I'm really considering ordering this dress for my upcoming event
Copyright © 2002-2020 DressesShop.com All Rights Reserved